Thursday 25 November 2010

David Cameron and Happiness, part the 201st.....

David Cameron is making another speech on "Happiness" as I write this. According to the Conservative Home website, he will say;
"If your goal in politics is to help make a better life for people - which mine is - and if you know, both in your gut and from a huge body of evidence, that prosperity alone can’t deliver a better life - which I do - then you have got to take practical steps to make sure government is properly focussed on our quality of life as well as economic growth, and that’s what we are doing."
What he won't say is...
"If your goal in politics is to help make a better life for people - which mine is - and if you know, both in your gut and from a huge body of evidence, that prosperity alone can’t deliver a better life - which I do - then I am taking practical steps to give away 95% of my wealth and move to a council house in Westminster, the better to understand the 99.9% of people I never actually mix with and to make sure government is properly focussed on our quality of life as well as economic growth, and that’s what I am doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment